Monday, January 26, 2009

Lift-the-Flap Books by Karen Katz

Title: Where is Baby's Mommy?
Author/Illustrator: Karen Katz
Reading Level: Baby - Preschool
Board Books: 14 pages
Publisher: Little Simon

Karen Katz books are just awesome! We have several of them both from library and our own copies that we go back to again and again! I guess I started reading these board books to my daughter when she was about 9 months old and even after a year, its still her favorite. I have mentioned only a few here, but please do check out other board books by Katz as well.

In "Where is Baby's Mommy?" a toddler baby goes around the house trying to find mommy behind the curtain, under the table, behind a plant and so on until he finds her all snuggled up under the blanket. DD loves lift-the-flap books and has loads of fun playing peek-a-boo with mommy. In addition to that, there are cats, teddy bear and balls to find under the flap which it makes more interesting for her.

"Where is Baby's Belly Button?" is another delightful book by Katz that teaches them body parts like eyes, ears, nose and belly button (dd's favorite). The beauty of these books lies in the many illustrations and my daughter just adores them. But, my only qualm about these lift-the-flap books is that they rip off pretty easily (I had to glue several of them back) and I wish the flaps were a little more stronger. Nevertheless, its a great book to share with your toddler!


My Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment