Monday, February 9, 2009

The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss

Title: The Foot Book
Author: Dr. Seuss
Hardcover: 36 pages
Reading Level: Ages 1 - 5
Publisher: Random House Books

Theodor Seuss Geisel, an American Writer and Cartoonist, is widely known for his children's books written under the pen name Dr.Seuss. He published over 60 children's books and they are immensely popular for their wacky, silly, rhyming and funny text. And, they sound terrific when you read out loud. No wonder children and parents alike are mesmerized by his works. Every Child deserves to be read at least a few books by this greatest writer of all times. If you haven't already, I beseech you to do it now..


'The Foot Book' was the first Dr.Seuss book I read to her. She was so little and I still remember how she would crawl out to me with this book in her mouth asking me to read it to her. As I begin reading "Left Foot, Left Foot, Left Foot, Right. Feet in the Morning. Feet at Night", She would sit still on my lap intently staring at all the quirky pictures. We have so much fun finding her left and right foot as we go. There is high/low feet, wet/dry feet, front/back feet, sick feet with bandages all over (my daughter is especially fond of), pig feet and even fuzzy fur feet. And for a counting adventure some have even 24 feet. Bound by the captivating rhythm and enraptured by the wacky illustrations, She would watch the endless parade of feet after feet after feet. She is a little under 2 now and she still devours this book. It never fails to bring out a huge smile on her face every time she picks it up. Dr.Seuss once mentioned "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells". Well, it sure does!!

My Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment