Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? Dr.Seuss's Book of Wonderful Noises

Title: Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
Author/Illustrator: Dr. Seuss
Reading Level: Ages 2 - 5
Hardcover: 36 Pages
Publisher: Random House Children's Books

Oh, the wonderful things Mr.Brown can do! He can moo like a cow. How about you? Inviting the readers to participate along, the brown-clad mustachioed Mr.Brown takes us on a noisy adventure imitating over 20 different sounds. He can buzz like a bee, pop like a cork, eek eek like a squeaky shoe, hoo like an owl, choo choo like a train and even whisper like a butterfly. Mr.Brown is smart enough to make some rhyming sounds like tick tock and knock knock. Hey, He can blurp like a horn and slurp like a cat. How about you?



Some of my daughter's favorite sounds include 'dibble dibble dopp dopp' like a rain, 'klopp klopp' like a horse feet and 'sizzle sizzle' like an egg in a frying pan. She giggles when the hippopotamus goes 'grum grum' chewing the gum and chuckles for the sound of 'pip' when goldfish kiss and laughs out when I go 'BOOM BOOM' like a thunder. Some sounds are familiar like the mooing of the cow, choo choo train but many of them are unusual like the sound of rain drops. I am familiar with the expression 'pitter patter rain drops', but now that I think about it, 'dibble dibble dopp dopp' sounds much like the rain actually. We found this Dr.Seuss book pretty lately, I don't know how I missed this one. However, I am glad that she caught on with this book sooner than I imagined. She is fascinated by all the wacky sounds and Mr.Brown's whimsical expressions. Needless to say, we have a total blast every time we read this book. I even learned to read it in a sing song manner to make it more interesting for her. Its almost impossible to pick one Dr.Seuss book over the other, because they are all unique and absolutely wonderful in their own way. But, Since my daughter gravitates towards this book all the time, I guess it has to be her most favorite Seuss book of all. 

My Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment