Thursday, February 26, 2009

From Head to Toe by Eric Carle

Title: From Head to Toe
Author/Illustrator: Eric Carle
Reading Level: Ages 3 - 5
Paperback: 32 Pages
Publisher: Harper Festival

Toddlers love to run, kick, bounce, jiggle and jump around. They have so much energy during the day, they need to find ways to let off their steam. My daughter is an active kid. She is always on the run. She burns off her calories jumping on the bed, doing somersaults, climbing the staircase, hanging upside down on the couch and running around the house. At times, her idea of having fun could get a little too much for me to handle, but at the end of the day, when I sit back and relax, I realize that its all part of growing up. Toddlerhood is so much fun, in particular. Their minds run faster than their feet could take them. At this stage, they are still mastering that hand-eye coordination, learning how to balance and working on refining their body movements. They enjoy moving their bodies and anything that calls for it could potentially become a big hit. Here's one perfect book that does just that.  


In this fun, interactive picture book, various animals invite the readers to participate along, as they turn, bend, wave, kick, wriggle and jiggle the various body parts. There isn't any story or anything in this book, but it gives a total body workout for your energetic toddler. I guess I read it to my daughter when she was about 18 months old and I remember she had a total blast with it. She loved to imitate the animals, especially thumping her chest like a gorilla, stomping her foot like the elephant and bending her neck like the giraffe. I returned my copy to the library after a few renewals and I totally forgot about it. When I came across this book last week, I checked it out once again. I am surprised to see how much she still remembers from this book. Just by looking at the picture of the animals, She knows what to do even before I actually read it out to her. She could do most of the things illustrated in the book and asks for "some more!" every time I read it out. Its a great way to teach them different body parts while having loads of fun with it. Check it out...

My Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment